Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Where is Summer??

I know it's only January and I live in New England so I really have no room to complain about winter but come on enough is enough. It seems like everytime we turn around we are getting another 5 to 10 inches of snow here. You can't see around corners when trying to pull out of a street and the roads are narrowed because there is so much snow on the side.

I just can't wait to be able to walk outside and take a deep breath without feeling like my lungs are frozen. To be able to see green grass and water free of ice, to not have my car covered in salt and have it be too cold to wash off because my doors will freeze shut. I can't wait to walk outside without a jacket on and be comfortable. I would ask for Spring but in New England Spring just kind of stops in for a minute and goes, we seem to jump from Winter to Summer here.

I know I can't be alone in this feeling. I know that there are a lot of people who enjoy winter sports like skiing, and snow mobiling, and all that fun stuff but isn't one month of this enough??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there - I found your blog just now in the Etsy Forum!

I am hosting the ♥ ♥ 2009 Crafty Cupid Valentine Exchange ♥ ♥ on my blog right now: http://nikatnoon.wordpress.com

Sign up, spread the love and make a new friend!
xo
nikki