Thursday, January 22, 2009

Where did our organizational skills go????

It’s the day of our first purse party; we still have to add items to the inventory, tag and price. We also have to pack everything up and pray to god that we have everything we need as the party is an hour and 15 minute drive from where we are. Now we have to make a stop at the accountants which should only take a few minutes. An hour or so later we are finally on the road of course we are reciting with each other what we brought to make sure we have everything. Shouldn’t all of this been done the night before?

We get to our destination and start setting up and of course we didn’t really give ourselves enough time to set up because in the midst of it all guest are starting to arrive, grrrr. Just as we get everything set-up Amanda whispers to me…psssst, we didn’t stop and get change at the bank. ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Who forgets money at a purse party? Well, hopefully everyone pays with check or credit card. The party went perfect and we held ourselves together. We had a great turn out and made out well in sales.

Looking back, on this we are realizing that this is not the only time this happens, it happens every time. Every party or show has some sort of (what we think is) a catastrophe. When are we going to get our organizational skills back?

Tell us about your stories, bloopers or even your perfect days…..

2 comments:

Sinje Ollen said...

I wish there was one day where I got out of the house in one piece! Can't even begin to count the bloopers that happen on any given day. It usually starts with my son taking off his dirty diaper and handing it to me. I realize I have just run out of wipes. Then I try to get everyone dressed, but we can't find the shoes... Last week my son misplaced my bank card. I went to the bank and asked to have the card replaced. The teller gave me a temporary card but connected it to the wrong account. Took 2 days to figure out and 3 to fix. :-)

Mandy and Tiff said...

Thanks for sharing, it's nice to hear that we're not the only ones, lol. Keep on trying for that perfect day, it will come...for all of us.